Friday, June 11, 2010

Na sasa tunaishi Arusha

And now we're in Arusha: hub of safari traffic as the last major town before heading west to the Rift Valley, northern Tanzania's commercial center with lots of agricultural production, and home to many NGOs and the ICTR. It's Tanzania's third-largest city, and the central clocktower is commonly misthought to be the midpoint between Cairo and Capetown (trivia: it's actually in the Congo river basin).

View of Mt. Meru (on a clear day!) from our street
Looking out our front window
Local production means 24 roses for TZS 2,000 (US$1.25)
Jambo jirani! (Hello neighbors!)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful roses!!! Some of us really love photos of such things so keep them coming please. I know I don't always have to leave a comment - but I blame my gene pool - how can I NOT comment on such lovely flowers?
    Can you tell we love this blogging thing? We do. Not as much as we love you two but we're liking it!
    xxo Colleen

    ReplyDelete